The Fund-Razor is (apart from the time spent in God’s Word) the highlight of the Cross Word Cape Youth Camp. The Fund-Razor has two main goals: to be an enormous amount of fun and to raise money for a really good cause.
Here is how it works:
An enormous amount of fun is probably the best way to describe the Fund-Razor. Every group is given exactly 60 Minutes to accumulate the maximum number of points they can grab. Points are scored by running laps of the iconic obstacle course, completing any number of the wacky side challenges or, for the first time ever, simply bringing back your sponsorship form. A sponsorship form with your details filled out is worth 500 points!
And to raise money for a good cause is the other main goal of the Fund-Razor. Every camper will be given a sponsorship form or can print an emailed copy – your job is to ask your Mom, Dad, Annoying Sister, Best Friend, Neighbour, Church Aunty and your Uncle Bob to consider sponsoring your Fund-Razor efforts. Every single cent of this money raised goes to a Bursary for training Youth Pastors at George Whitefield College. This is a college that teaches your youth pastors how to read and teach the bible. We think that is pretty awesome and we don’t want anyone to be excluded because they don’t have money!
There will be PRIZES for all sorts of people and achievements.
Here are some of the best ways to win some:
- The 3 individuals who put in the most effort into raising funds
- The youth group that brings back the most filled in sponsorship forms
- The team with the most points in each age and gender category
- The individual with the most points in each age and gender category
NB! This year a returned sponsorship form with your details filled out will be worth 500 points!!!
When you get to camp you’ll need to bring the following to registration:
- a sealed envelope with your sponsorship form and all money raised
- please write clearly on the front; “Fund-Razor” and your name and your youth group
Need more sponsor forms? Fund Razor Info and Sponsorship Form
Yours in Christ,