So you want to be a leader huh?
Read through this page before you even consider signing up.
We’re looking for leaders who are committed to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with young people.
- Firstly, we want leaders who are Christian – that is, they rely upon Jesus, His death and resurrection, for forgiveness and salvation. If you are going to be introducing others to Jesus Christ during the camp then you need to know Jesus personally.
- Secondly, we want Christians who are leaders. This doesn’t mean we want leaders who are cool, hip and funny. What we want is people who qualify on biblical grounds to lead and guide others who will be put under their authority on camp. Therefore, we want Christians who are progressing in godliness – people committed to hearing and heeding God’s Word, talking to God in prayer, meeting and partnering with God’s people, and sharing the gospel with those who don’t know Jesus.
- There are various ways in which you can serve as a leader.
- Group leaders are responsible for a small group of young people with whom they will live for the week. They will need to be committed to loving them (ie. building relationships), teaching them (ie. leading & teaching the Bible to a small group) and maintaining discipline (ie. making sure they enjoy themselves, go to bed on time, wake up, attend sessions, eat meals, etc).
- Support leaders are those who serve in every other way, thus making it possible for group leaders to focus on their group. Support leaders include the directors, musicians, techies, medics and the administration team.
- Trainee leaders are first time leaders who will enjoy the full experience of being at camp, but also have ongoing training throughout camp. The training will help them understand what biblical ministry is, and how to read, understand, apply and explain God’s Word. This will be a stepping stone towards leading a group the following year.
- You must meet the requirements set out above. We’re not expecting leaders to be perfect, but we do expect them to be committed to serving and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people.
- You must be willing to spend time in prayer for the camp.
- You must be willing to do any preparation necessary for the camp before you arrive. This will mean studying the Bible passages which we will be taught in the `Quality Time’ groups. It will also mean reading through and reflecting on the book of Luke and any other prescribed Bible passages.
- All leaders need to watch these online videos as preparation before the first training day. This day will take place at the SOS campsite on Thursday 13th December starting at 10am.
- You must be willing to work with the leadership team. You will need to work together with the rest of the team and to follow the leadership of those over you in authority.
- If you are able to meet these expectations then we would love to receive your application.
Leaders pay R1500 and get the training day free! All leaders are expected to pay the leaders fee, but should you not be in a good position to do so then please contact us and we will see what we can do to help.
Application forms can be submitted by clicking the link below.
Please contact Alun Burt on 074 302 8329 or email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your application and to serving with you on camp.