So you want to be a leader?
Read through this page before you even consider signing up.
We’re looking for leaders who are committed to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with young people.
- Firstly, we want leaders who are Christian – that is, they rely upon Jesus, His death and resurrection, for forgiveness and salvation. If you are going to be introducing others to Jesus Christ during the camp then you need to know Jesus personally.
- Secondly, we want Christians who are leaders. This doesn’t mean we want leaders who are just cool, hip, and funny. What we want is people who qualify on biblical grounds to lead and guide others who will be put under their authority on camp. Therefore, we want Christians who are progressing in godliness – people committed to hearing and heeding God’s Word, talking to God in prayer, meeting and partnering with God’s people, and sharing the gospel with those who don’t know Jesus.
There are various ways in which you can serve as a leader:
- Group leaders are responsible for a small group of young people with whom they will live for the week. They will need to be committed to loving them (ie. building relationships), teaching them (ie. leading & teaching the Bible to a small group), and maintaining discipline (ie. making sure they enjoy themselves, go to bed on time, wake up, attend sessions, eat meals, etc).
- Support leaders are those who serve in every other way, thus making it possible for group leaders to focus on their group. Support leaders include the directors, musicians, techies, medics, and the administration team. We’ll contact you if we need you to serve in one of these roles.
- Trainees are first-time leaders who are part of a group and will enjoy the full experience of being at camp, but also have ongoing training throughout camp. The training will help them understand what biblical ministry is, and how to read, understand, teach, and apply God’s Word. This will be a stepping stone towards leading a group the following year.
If you are able to meet these expectations then we would love to receive your application:
- You must meet the requirements set out above. We’re not expecting leaders to be perfect, but we do expect them to be committed to serving and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people.
- You must be willing to work together with the rest of the team and follow the leadership of those over you in authority.
- You must be willing to spend time in preparation for the camp before you arrive. This will mean reading through the Bible passages which we will be taught on camp. It will also mean reading through and reflecting on the devotions and watching the online videos (see link below).
- You must attend the training workshop a few weeks before camp. (This is for all leaders including support and trainees.)
- You must be on camp for the leaders day before campers arrive.
- You must have received a police clearance certificate within the past 2 years. If you have not, there will be an opportunity to apply for one at the training workshop. (There is a charge for this.)
- You must complete the code of ethics form and send it to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
All leaders are expected to pay the camp fee but should you not be in a good position to do so then please contact us and we will see what we can do to help.
The deadline for signing up as a leader is Friday, 1 December 2022. The training workshop is Saturday, 2 December, 9am-12:30pm at St Stephens Claremont.
Please contact David Hill on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your application and to serving with you on camp.