Summer camps can sometimes feel like an endangered species. Ever-rising costs can make these camp prohibitively expensive. And, if campers cannot afford to come on camp, then the camp inevitably becomes extinct. This is a reality that Cross Word Cape You Camp has to reckon with every year.
However, we cannot let Cross Word die! Not just because it has resulted in fun and friendships for over 20 years but because Cross Word is the place where many teenagers have the opportunity to hear and be transformed by the gospel of Jesus!
So, how can we keep Cross Word going? Well, there are two ways: we need to keep the overall cost of camp down as much as possible, and we need to make it as easy as possible for our campers to afford it.
This is where you can help…
Bringing down the overall cost of camp
There are several ways that you could partner with us to bring down the overall cost of camp, for all our campers, and thereby help us keep Cross Word going! Here are some of those ways:
- R28 000 would bring down the cost of every camper by R100.
- R7 000 would bring down the cost for every leader by R100.
- Any amount can help us invest in long-term solutions to decrease the cost of camp!
Perhaps you could sponsor a specific camp cost?
- Sponsor our Marquee Tent (R40 000)
- Sponsor our Generator (R15 000)
- Help us buy new Sound Equipment (R20 000+)
- Help us restock our Medical Kit (R 2 000)
- Help us provide Engage Devotionals to every camper (R13 000)
Perhaps you, or your business, is able to help with some of the following specific items?
- Help us with prizes or experiences to incentivize campers for our Fund-Razor (e.g. gadgets, vouchers, tickets)
- Help us with items that can be put in our campers (300+) welcome packs (e.g. chocolates, stationery, clothing)
- Help us with printing camp booklets for all of the campers & leaders (350+)
If you are able to ‘Save Camp’ in any of these ways, please contact camp director David Hill at email@example.com
Helping every camper afford the cost
Every year we run a Fund-Razor on the third day of Cross Word. This event is loads of fun, and it raises money for our ‘Camper Support’ Fund. Click here to see some of the highlights of our 2019 Fund-Razor.
Many of our campers come from churches and areas from low-income areas. Understandably, there are very limited fundraising opportunities in these areas. As far as possible we try and partner churches together to overcome this, but this is not always enough. The ‘Camper Support’ fund will help campers with these limited fund-raising opportunities access a discounted rate for camp.
You can give via EFT or online through a secure credit card facility.
Our bank details are:
Name: Cross Word Cape Youth Camp Bank: Standard Bank Account: 072 898 607 Branch: 051 001 Reference: 'Fund Razor'
Alternatively, you can donate by card: